How much does it cost to build an ecommerce website? There probably isn’t an exact figure that fits all. As a matter of fact, the price could range from $10 per month to more than a million dollars. It all basically depends upon how complex or simple your ecommerce platform is, whether you’re adding additional features, what plan you are choosing, the size, number of products and so many other things.
Here’s a list of elements to consider while determining the cost
- Is the website a new one or redeveloped?
- How many products and pages are there?
- Site Graphics
- Is content needed?
- What kind of payment methods are being used?
- Is the site accessible via all devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets etc.?)
- Are you using additional features like SEO or social media channels?
- Is there a blog installed?
Following is a list of deliverables and their estimated cost
- You need to pay around $14 per year for the domain name.
- Maintaining of product database and ecommerce CMS takes up about $600 per year.
- The cost for hosting ranges from $144 to $300 a year. (It depends on the platforms that are being used.
- Promoting and marketing your E-commerce website costs around $360 per year.
These are just some deliverables and their estimates. However, the costs basically rely upon the requirement and the website builder you are choosing.
Following are the monthly price comparisons of some known E-Commerce website builders:
Shopify is an ecommerce platform with cost ranging from $29 per month to $300 per month. It all depends upon the plan you’re choosing. Apart from this, you can also integrate it with Facebook at a price of $9 and can try it for free for 14 days as well.
If you’re planning to set up an ecommerce website, the price ranges given below will help you choose from the many platforms/plans that are available in the market.
$0-$10 – In this range you can get Big Cartel and Ecwid for free, whereas, Shopify Lite is available for $9 and Big Cartel Platinum for $9.99.
$20-$35 – You are required to pay around $29 for platforms like ShopifyBasic, BigCommerce Standard, and Big Cartel Titanium. Whereas, Volusion Plus and Ecwid Business will cost you around $35.
$80-$299–The cheapest in this range is Ecwid unlimited, for $99. Whereas, plans like Shopify Advanced, Bigcommerce pro and 3dcart pro are all above $200.